Monday, March 17, 2014

Julie's Journal : Around the Web

Today, I thought I would share with you some of my favorite websites.



As you might imagine, I read lots of book related blogs.  A few of my favorites are...
           Sarah Reads Too Much
           Entomology of a Bookworm
           The Classics Club
           Daily Cheap Reads - free and cheap books for Kindle



If you are like me, you are doing more and more of your shopping online.  In addition to my go-to website, amazon.com, I have recently discovered zulily.com.  Zulily offers womens', kid's, and home fashions.  It is separated into "stores", each of which are open for a short time.  After the "store" closes Zulily places an order for everything ordered from that store.  Although shipping speeds are not fast, they offer great discounts.  You can read more abut how Zulily works here

Speaking of Amazon, did you know that if you start out at smile.amazon.com rather than www.amazon.com you can donate .5% of your purchase total to the charity of your choice?  There are thousands of charities to choose from.  I chose Ronald McDonald House of Dallas. 

Do you have one of the new Pandora style charm bracelets?  I love mine, but can't afford genuine Pandora charms.  I use Bauble Lulu for cute charms in tons of styles.  If you sign up for e-mail notices they send good coupons.



For recipes, I go to Pinterest of course, but I also read a few cooking blogs.  For healthy recipes try Two Healthy Kitchens.  Their most current post is a healthy version of the Shamrock Shake.  Perfect for St. Patrick's Day.  For less than healthy recipes I like Butter with a Side of Bread.  Today's post is called Cookie Salad.  Sounds interesting to me!!

What are your favorite websites?  Where do you find yourself going everyday, sometimes more than once a day?  Let me know.  Your favorite might become one of my favorites, too!

Disclaimer : I am not affiliated with any of the above websites.  I just really like them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment