Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Julie's Journal : Learning Something New From Everybody

All my life my father has told me to try and learn something new from everybody I meet.  It is a philosophy that has been very useful to me.  And though, of course, sometimes the things I learn are negative, most people have something positive, useful, or just interesting to teach me. 



The last two years I have put this idea into practice with our summer help.  You may remember Abby from last summer.  She taught me how to use Twitter, which is something I use everyday now, and she taught me about a really awesome drink combination from Sonic.  Ask for a Peach-Cranberry Sprite sometime.  It is AMAZING!  It tastes like the Peachie-O's candy. 

 
This year's summer worker is Kristin.  Kristin has taught me about Instagram (see the new tab at the top of this blog for a link) and origami.  A few days after she started working here, I noticed a tiny little paper crane sitting on top of one of the computer monitors.    Well, naturally, I wanted to know how to make one.  And then...........well, we made a bunch!  Now we have several hanging in the front window. 
We have also learned how to make pretty little dresses, and Kristin even made a jacket and pants.  Next I think we're going to learn how to make butterflies.  We may have all kinds of fluttering creatures in here before the summer is over. 
 
 
What have you learned recently from the people around you?


No comments:

Post a Comment