Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Computer Classes : Overview and Materials

As you may know, we are in the middle of a series of computer classes at Franklin County Library.  For a while now, I have been trying to figure out how to  make the materials for these classes available on the blog, and I think I have finally figured it out.
 

Last week's class was on Facebook and other social media.  Chance wrote a very helpful guide to performing some of the basic functions of Facebook, such as commenting, status updates, and blocking users.  That material can be found here
 
Tonight's class is on apps.  Apps are small programs that are downloaded to a mobile device to allow the user to perform a specific function.  For tonight's class, I have created a list of good apps.  That document can be found here.

 
You may have heard the phrase, "there's an app for that!".  There are literally millions of apps available to perform a myriad of tasks.  The list I have created is just a small sampling of all the apps available.  I just wanted to give you a taste of the possibilities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment