Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas-y Things

There's only 7 days left until Christmas!  To get into the Christmas mood, I conducted another survey here at the library, this one on everybody's Christmas traditions.  All the library staff participated, along with Kristin, our seasonal employee, and Tom Wilkinson of our Tom's Two Cents column.
 
 
 
I asked when everyone decorated for Christmas.  Kristin was the only one who said that her family decorated before Thanksgiving.  The rest of us all waited at least until the day after Thanksgiving.  The group was split on whether a real or fake tree is best.  Tom, Kristin, and Debbie all love real trees, while Lisa, Chance and I have to have fake trees due to allergies.   
 
Favorite Christmas Carol?
Lisa:  I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day by Casting Crowns
Julie: What Child is This?
Chance:  O' Holy Night
Debbie:  White Christmas
Kristin:  Silent Night
Tom:  Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming
 
Favorite Christmas Movie?
Lisa:  Little Drummer Boy
Julie:  A Charlie Brown Christmas and How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Chance:  Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story
Debbie:  A Charlie Brown Christmas
Kristin:  Elf
Tom:  A Charlie Brown Christmas
 
Favorite Childhood Holiday Memory?
Lisa:  "When my Daddy got my mother a brand new cab tractor for Christmas"
Julie:  "My sister would sleep in my room on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning we would go climb in bed with mom and dad early in the morning.  We had to wait until Daddy got up and built a fire in the fireplace and then we could go peak around the corner to see if Santa had eaten the milk and cookies we had left out."
Chance:  "I have a lot of special memories revolving around Santa Claus. Every Christmas Eve he would actually call me to make double-sure I was a good boy before making his delivery. Think that's cool? One year my parent's accidently left our video camera on during the night and we caught Santa putting out gifts on film! Also, I heard Santa stomping around up on the roof."
Debbie:  "Waking up on Christmas morning to see what Santa had left for us.
Kristin:  "Playing with Barbie ornaments under the Christmas tree."
Tom:  "Finding a big Teddy under the tree (6 yrs old)"
 
What does Christmas mean to you?
Lisa:  "Not the presents under the tree, but being in the presence of my Savior.  The day we celebrate the greatest gift of all - Jesus Christ."
Julie:  "Celebrating Jesus - unfathomable love."
Chance:  "It's a time of giving and sharing."
Debbie:  "family, friends, and the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ!"

Kristin:  "A time to visit family."
Tom:  "Hope."

The Franklin County Library wishes you a very
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment