Friday, April 24, 2015

Julie's Journal : Rainy Day Blues

Are you tired of the rain?  I sure am. Judging by the definition Lisa put up on the Library Facebook page today, she is too.  
 

Our yards are a mess and neither of us has been able to do much in our gardens this spring.  The overcast, cloudy weather is just dreary.  We constantly feel like we need a nap!  And although we tell ourselves we shouldn't complain, that we will wish for the rain in July and August, we're just plain tired of it!  We're ready for some sunshine!

There is one benefit to all this rain, though.  More time to read!  I've been catching up on some old favorites, reading a few new releases, and adding to my classics list.  I recently read The Scarlet Pimpernel for the first time.  It was an enjoyable adventure, with fascinating characters.   I'm surprised that I had never run across it before.  Now, I have started a new release in the Youth section of the library, Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan.  I'm not exactly sure how to describe the book, but I'm finding it to be interesting.  It follows the journey of a harmonica through the lives of several people.  I'm only about a third of the way through, but I've already experienced some of the rise to power of Hitler in Pre-WWII Germany.  I believe the next section will take me to the Great Depression in the U.S. during the 1930's.  I'm not sure how it will all tie together yet, but I'm looking forward to finding out. 

What are you doing to beat the rainy day blues?  Have you discovered any new reads? 

No comments:

Post a Comment