Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Julie's Journal : Wolf's Coming! by Joe Kulka


I don't normally review children's books, but I couldn't resist with this one.  I first read about it on another blog, and we ordered it for the library.  I liked it so much that I took it home for my 6 year old  nephew!

The story begins with the Wolf coming through the forest and all of the animals running and hiding from him.  You see a Momma rabbit gathering up her babies, raccoons fleeing, and pigs scattering.

The wolf gets closer and closer while the animals grow more and more frantic to hide.  The artwork gets progressively darker, helping to build the suspense. 


 
 
The end of the book is a big, happy surprise!  
 
As I read it to my nephew,  his eyes got big and he became very tense.  When we got to the final pages where the surprise is revealed, he laughed with relief!

Wolf's Coming! is very well done.  The story is written in rhyme and there are special items to look for in the artwork on every page.  I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for mentioning my book on your blog! I'm happy to read that you enjoyed it. Thank you again, Joe Kulka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by. Wolf's Coming is still a book I recommend to my young patrons and their parents. Thanks for creating such a fun book!

      Delete